Shrimp and Pepper Stir Fry with "Rice"

This is one of my favorite lean and green meals to make next to the cauliflower pizza and cauliflower bread sticks. Everybody has their own special way of making a stir fry and this is my way. I love shrimp, but you could also try chicken or beef as well. I would suggest marinating longer than 1 hour when using beef or chicken just because shrimp seems to absorb more of the flavorings in a shorter amount of time. This is one of those recipes you are going to love because it is quick and easy to make. You can also substitute with your fave veggies instead of peppers. Also, I chose to reserve 1/2 tsp of the marinade before adding my shrimp so that the veggies will have some marinade as well while cooking. The cauliflower rice is a great substitute for rice. This is because cauliflower doesn't have a lot of flavor to me. It actually even resembles rice if you look at the photo below. I used frozen cauliflower and boiled until tender. Then I put it in my food processor and used my shredder disc. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a hand grater. I love how the cauliflower absorbs the flavor from the sauce. Very yummy!


Shrimp and Pepper Stir Fry with "Rice"

Ingredients:
9 oz shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined (1 leanest lean)
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce (1/3 condiment)
1 tsp teriyaki sauce (1 condiment)
1 clove garlic minced (1 condiment)
1/8 tsp ground ginger (1/4 condiment)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (1/4 condiment)
1/4 cup green peppers, sliced (1/2 green)
1/4 cup red peppers, sliced (1/2 green)
1 cup cauliflower, cooked and grated (2 greens)
2 tsp olive oil (2 healthy fats)

Directions:
Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, and shrimp in a medium sized bowl. Let marinade for at least 1 hour. Discard marinade.
Over medium high heat, add olive oil to skillet. Then add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Next add red and green peppers and saute for about 3 minutes. Add shrimp to the pan with peppers and garlic. Saute for a few minutes, just until shrimp is warm.
Serve over 1 cup of grated, cooked cauliflower.

1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments and 2 Healthy Fats

Powered by Blogger.